Active Networks is committed to working within and adhering strictly to the organisation’s mission statement and Editorial Code of Conduct.
However, if any person feels we have breached these in any way and wishes to make a complaint, please submit your complaint, in writing to the editor-in-chief (email@example.com) in accordance with the following steps.
- All complaints must include the name and date of the publication, with reference to the specific article in question.
- A detailed description of the complaint, with reference to specific words, phrases, images, dates and records that are relevant, and which you believe the publication has breached.
Who can complain?
- Complaints must be made on behalf of a named individual only. This includes complaints where businesses and organisations are involved.
- In submitting a complaint, you must provide your full name, address, phone number and email.
What can I complain about?
- You can complain about any article, in print or online, including words, images and audio/video content.
- You can also complain about the conduct of an individual journalist or employee of the publication in question.
- Complaints must be contemporaneous and must be made within three months of publication.
- The publication will endeavour to respond to the complainant within 21 working days.
- The editor-in-chief will confirm receipt of the complaint within five working days by contacting the complainant via email.
- All complaints will be dealt with by the editor-in-chief of the publication that published the article, and/or the employer of the named individual, and/or the publisher.
- The editor-in-chief will investigate the complaint to the best of his/her ability and respond accordingly.
- If we uphold your complaint, we will inform you of the remedial actions taken or to be taken.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the suggested resolution, you are free to seek the advice of a media lawyer.